Location: St Cloud, MN
Full-time: Day, 80 hrs/pp; Mon-Fri 8am-4:30pm
Salary: Minimum $19.76/hr
Position listing/Apply: https://pm.healthcaresource.com/cs/centracare#/job/24555
About the Position:
The Central Minnesota Children’s Advocacy Center (CMCAC) provides a safe, child friendly environment for forensic interviews and medical evaluations for children and their families when there is a concern of neglect, maltreatment or physical, emotional, or sexual abuse. The Child & Family Advocate is integral to the CMCAC Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) response. Our MDT includes local law enforcement personnel, medical providers, mental health professionals, advocates, county attorney’s, and child protection workers.
The Child & Family Advocate is a caring, passionate professional who will support the child and family throughout the investigative and prosecutorial processes. They will coordinate intervention services recommended by members of the MDT and help identify any barriers that may prevent the child or family from receiving services. The Advocate will provide active outreach and follow-up with children and families beyond the initial assessment and crisis response.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field from an accredited college
- One year of experience in child abuse, sexual assault, and/or crisis intervention required.
- A minimum of 24 hours specialized training in victim advocacy is preferred or will be provided.
- Experience with the diversity of the local community is preferred.
- Knowledge in the criminal justice system, social services, community resources.
- Ability to communicate information to patients and staff.
- Office skills required include proper telephone etiquette and knowledge of computer keyboarding.
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (NCI) initial and on-going training (or equivalent) provided.
- A valid Minnesota driver’s license, a driving record in good standing, and the minimum amount of insurance liability coverage required.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.