Right now, we are in the midst of an unprecedented pandemic that most of us have not seen in our lifetimes. In Minnesota, Governor Tim Walz has declared a peacetime state of emergency and advised everyone to follow the Department of Health mitigation strategies to combat the spread of COVID-19.
We know that child abuse and maltreatment will not stop during this time, so we have compiled the resources below to help CACs consider options as they continue providing vital support services to the community.
Public Health Resources
- Minnesota Department of Health latest information
- Centers for Disease Control Situation Summary
- Mental Health Considerations During COVID-19 Outbreak from the World Health Organization
Public Services Information
- Court operations during COVID-19 (also available in Spanish and Hmong)
- Unemployment benefits during COVID-19
- Coronavirus and Homelessness from the National Alliance to End Homelessness
- Resources for Law Enforcement from the International Association of Chiefs of Police
Guidance for Workplaces and Service Providers
- Preparing your workplace
- Recommendations for community and faith-based organizations
- Recommendations for health care settings
- An informative webinar for preparing responses to Coronavirus on the Minnesota Council on Foundations website
- A host of resources from the Minnesota Council of Nonprofits, including articles on how to cultivate awareness on bias and racism during the pandemic.
- Lessening the Risk of Coronavirus at Nonprofits from the Nonprofit Times