- Build Your Team
- Job Postings
Child and Family Advocacy Center of South Central Minnesota
Application deadline: August 21, 2019
The Child and Family Advocacy Center of South Central Minnesota (CFAC) provides a safe, neutral, and child friendly environment for children who experience trauma and violence. We use a multidisciplinary team approach to promote safety, healing, and justice for children and families offering services including: medical evaluations, mental health services and referrals, and advocacy services.
The Child and Family Advocacy Center of South Central Minnesota has an opening for a part-time administrative assistant to help manage with day to day operations. Responsibilities include basic bookkeeping, event support, database management and general office support. This position requires someone who can function well in a highly confidential atmosphere. Position reports to the Executive Director.
Review the position description and application instructions.
Redwood County Children’s Advocacy Center
Redwood Falls, MN
Pay range: $18.68 – $26.75 Hourly, Full Time
The Forensic Interviewer will be responsible for interviewing child victims of sexual abuse, serious physical abuse and children who witness violence at the Children’s Advocacy Center. The children will be referred to the center by either law enforcement or child protective services. The goal of the forensic interview is to interview these children in a supportive manner, within a comfortable environment and to complete an interview that will provide satisfactory evidence for court proceedings.
- Conduct forensic interviews of children regarding alleged sexual, physical or other abuse and/or witnessing violent crimes using the National Children’s Alliance Forensic Interview protocols.
- Facilitate pre-interview meeting with multidisciplinary team members including: review intake information and obtain information about child’s emotional state, parents’ response to the investigation, child’s living situation, and relationship to the perpetrator.
- Facilitate post-interview meeting with multidisciplinary team members to review results of interview including determination of findings.
- Provide expert testimony in criminal and/or juvenile court when appropriate to clarify information obtained during interview with child.
- Respond to attorney’s inquiries, consistent with the CAC’s policies.
- Facilitate the system’s change to meet the needs of abused children by participating in the improvement of the community child serving agencies capacities to protect children.
- Maintain expert status and attend to professional growth conferences, as assigned by the CAC
- Coordinator, regarding child abuse issues and interviewing techniques.
- Participate in the multidisciplinary team case review as required per the National Children’s Alliance guidelines.
- Participate in Forensic Interview Peer Reviews as required per the National Children’s Alliance guidelines.
- Create educational materials and presentations for outreach programs in Schools, Youth Organizations and other community organizations.
- Present outreach programs to schools and community organizations as needed.
- Access to Not Public Data – The incumbent may encounter not public data in the course of these duties. Any access to not public data should be strictly limited to accessing the data that are necessary to fulfill the employment responsibility. While data is being accessed, incumbent should take reasonable measures to ensure the not public data is not accessed by individuals without a work reason. Once the work reason to access the data is reasonably finished, incumbent must properly store the not public data according to the provisions of the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act (Minnesota Statutes, Chapter 13).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties performed.
Review the full position description, qualifications and application instructions.