As workloads shift during the COVID-19 response, many children’s advocacy centers and multidisciplinary teams are adapting their approach to their daily routines. At the same time, many training and professional development opportunities have been postponed or canceled.
In the field of child abuse and maltreatment response, we are fortunate to have many organizations that have made high-quality training available online at low or no cost. The following list includes resources for team members across disciplines to continue needed training and professional development during this time. Have an addition to this list? Send us a note!
- National Children’s Advocacy Center Virtual Training Catalog
- Midwest Regional Children’s Advocacy Center EduNet
- Western Regional Children’s Advocacy Center Introductory Trainings on Tele-Mental Health
- Standpoint Minnesota Legal Advocacy 101
- Office for Victims of Crime Training and Technical Assistance Center: Victim Assistance Training Online
- APSAC and Foundling Online Course provides a series of lectures on the field of child abuse and maltreatment (cost: membership fee + $25 through July 1, 2020)
Live Online Training
The Alliance, the Association of Prosecuting Attorneys, and others are continuing to provide live online training opportunities. Find upcoming opportunities on our Trainings page.
- View upcoming webinars providing information on COVID-19 response.
- The American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children is holding free, weekly Zoom chats on relevant topics.
Additional Resources for Teams
- Responding to Child Abuse During a Pandemic: 25 Tips for MDTs from Zero Abuse Project
- Conducting and Defending a Pandemic Era Forensic Interview from Zero Abuse Project