Experienced forensic interviewers will gain knowledge and experience in the art of advanced forensic interviewing while connecting with other advanced practitioners. This features updated advanced curriculum and a new modality for learning: a combination of online and face-to-face learning.
Training Cost: $1,050.00
What will you learn?
- Best practices in forensic interviewing—non-protocol specific
- Delivery of effective court testimony
- How to identify and manage bias
- Strategies for working with diversity and special circumstances
- How to manage secondary and vicarious trauma
How is the training provided?
- The 8 hours of online learning is moderated, interactive, and available 4 weeks before the in-person training
- In-person learning takes place over three days in Minneapolis
- Class size limited to 18 participants, assuring a small, personal learning environment
- Active and experiential in-person training utilizes lecture, discussion, demonstration videos, role-playing, and guided reflection
Who should attend?
This training is appropriate for forensic interviewers, child and adult protection workers, law enforcement staff, children’s advocacy center personnel, and other multi-disciplinary team members who:
- Are independent, self-motivated learners who are comfortable using technology
- Have access to a computer with high-speed internet where they can complete the online learning before coming to CornerHouse
- Have completed a basic interviewing course
- Have conducted a minimum of 10 interviews (waived for prosecutors)