Zero Abuse Project is presenting a training opportunity that will help professionals who work with children and families to develop necessary skills to understand ACEs and trauma.
Studies have shown that adverse childhood experiences and traumatic events can have a lasting, negative impact on a person’s health and well-being. This training is designed to help you develop the unique skills needed to support individuals who have experienced adverse childhood experiences and traumatic events.
Part of an organization?
We understand that changing the environment and implementing policies on Trauma Informed Care (TIC) can be a difficult task. By sending a team to this training, your organization will have the benefit of multiple professionals receiving expert knowledge to bring back to your agency. We believe this is instrumental to agency change, therefore we are offering one FREE registration for every four registrations purchased.
What participants told us they learned:
- TIC is a philosophical shift and not a diagnosis for PTSD
- ACEs are prevalent across all economic levels
- Trauma manifests into different behaviors than expected
- Teachers should teach as if all students have ACE scores
This training is designed for professionals who work with children and families, including educators and administrators, childcare providers, law enforcement, youth-serving organizations, health and human service providers, faith-based organizations, healthcare and victim advocates.
- Increase awareness of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and impact on well-being.
- Explain the physiological effect of trauma on the brain.
- Improve knowledge on ACEs, Trauma, and Trauma-Informed Care.
- Describe Trauma-Informed Care and its impact on your work.
- Generate actionable ideas for applying knowledge to your work with youth and adults.
- Enhance the community’s ability to prevent and respond to trauma.
The training will be presented between 2 half-days:
- Wednesday, November 29, 2023: 8:30am-12:30pm Central Time
- Thursday, November 30, 2023: 8:30am-12:30pm Central Time
To pay by credit/debit card
For registrations paying with a credit card, please select PayPal as your payment method – we use PayPal’s system to handle our credit card payments, but you DO NOT NEED a PayPal account to use this payment method. When you click “Place your Order”, you will be taken to a page that will allow you to pay by credit/debit card.
To pay by invoice
If you select this ticket option to register, you will be emailed an invoice within 2 weeks of your registration. There is an additional nominal charge to use this payment method.
To direct the invoice to be emailed to someone else in your agency, please email our Senior Program Manager, Suzanne Severson (firstname.lastname@example.org) with this information.
A $75.00 cancellation fee will be imposed for cancellations made up to 3 working days prior to a scheduled training – no refunds are allowed less than 3 working days prior to a scheduled training. If available, a registration transfer to another scheduled training within 6 months may be made for a $25.00 administrative fee.