National Criminal Justice Training Center (NCJTC) of Fox Valley Technical College is hosting a training opportunity for professionals in law enforcement, prosecution, and related court officials with Detective Edward Merritt.
Join other child-serving professionals to create a plan of action for preventing child sexual abuse of youth in your care. Learn the signs and symptoms of child sexual abuse, mandated reporter and stakeholder responsibilities. Identify strengths and weaknesses of current prevention practices, and develop an action plan, using the Strategic Prevention Dashboard, for your organization. This course is open to all members of child serving organizations such as preschool, after-school care, summer camps, church groups, athletic associations or others responsible for the care of minors. This course is for professionals in community corrections officer, court system personnel, educators, emergency management, law enforcement, law enforcement support, prosecutors, social workers, tribes/tribal partners, and victim service providers.
September 20 | 11:00 am – 7:00 pm Eastern (One hour for lunch at 2:30 pm)
September 21 | 11:00 am – 7:00 pm Eastern (One hour for lunch at 2:30 pm)
To earn a certificate, you must actively participate and attend the entire training.
Upon completion of this training, you will be able to
- Identify signs and symptoms of child sexual abuse
- Identify community stakeholders and define their roles in preventing child sexual abuse
- Define Mandated Reporter and their legal and ethical responsibilities
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of stakeholder current prevention practices
- Create an action plan to improve the prevention of child sexual abuse within your organization/agency (internally) and throughout your community (externally)
Register by August 18, 2023.