Western Regional Children’s Advocacy Center WRCAC is pleased to begin hosting virtual Victim Advocate and Mental Health Partnerships Peer Consultation Forums. Each forum starts in a large-group format with an introduction to the topic. Participants are placed in Zoom breakout rooms of five to six to allow for small group discussions and resource sharing and support. Participants are encouraged to share work experiences and challenges in small groups and solicit feedback from peers. At the end, participants are brought back together in one large group for a Q&A with the experts.
Support and partnerships between victim advocates and mental health staff can be critical elements in serving children and families seen at children’s advocacy centers (CAC). Victim advocates and mental health clinicians are encouraged to attend as a team to provide the best opportunity for joint learning and rich discussion in sharing best practices in the partnership role.
This forum is intended to support and inform those relationships with presentations and discussions on topics that impact both disciplines and help us to understand:
- How is the work similar?
- How is it different?
- Where do things intersect to provide the highest quality and most efficient client care?
Participation is open to eligible clinicians throughout the US.
- Amelia Siders, PhD, State Chapter Liaison, Western Regional Children’s Advocacy Center
- Salli Kerr, Training Specialist, Western Regional Children’s Advocacy Center
As a result of this forum, participants will:
- Receive informal peer consultation around issues of importance
- Have the opportunity to share best practices with other advocates and clinicians and develop ways to be supportive of one another in their work
- Gain resources and ideas from presenters, clinicians, and advocates to support their work with children and families
The Victim Advocate and Mental Health Partnerships Peer Consultation Forms are scheduled as follows:
- October 17, 2023 | 9:00am to 10:30am PT – Confidentiality Best Practices
- January 16, 2024 | 12:00pm to 1:30pm PT – Screening and Assessment
- April 23, 2024 | 9:00am to 10:30am PT – Topic TBD
- July 16, 2024 | 12:00pm to 1:30pm PT – Topic TBD
*Please note times vary to accommodate participants from across multiple time zones.
If you have questions regarding this event, contact Kelsey Roberts at email@example.com.