Help put an end to child sexual abuse. The 2023 Zero Abuse Project Summit will run June 7-9, 2023 in Orlando, Florida, and will focus on the current research and emerging trends in the field of forensic interviewing and child abuse investigations. This conference is for all multidisciplinary team members, including law enforcement, CPS, prosecutors, and forensic interviewers.
Please note: We will be hosting our National Peer Review on June 7th for currently practicing forensic interviewers for an additional cost. This session is limited to 75 participants. Attendees that have not purchased a ticket for June 7 will only have access to the June 8-9 sessions.
- June 7, 2023: Zero Abuse Project National Forensic Interview Peer Review
- June 8-9, 2023: Zero Abuse Project Summit
Zero Abuse Project is thrilled to be presenting the following topics for this year’s Summit:
- Child Forensic Interviewing: A 40-Year Retrospective
- 2023 Emerging Issues in the field
- 2023 Research Update
- Investigating, Interviewing, and Prosecuting Child Sexual Abuse Cases Involving Male Victims
- I’m Done…I Quit!: Secondary Traumatic Stress and Vicarious Trauma
- The Big Disconnect…Prosecutor and forensic interviewer Collaboration
- Race, Religion, and Corporal Punishment: Finding a Culturally Humble Path to Reducing both Physical Abuse and Racial Disparities
These topics will be presented by an amazing lineup of industry experts:
- Dr. Mark Everson, Director of Childhood Trauma and Maltreatment Program at UNC’s Department of Psychiatry
- Victor Vieth, Chief Program Officer, Zero Abuse Project
- Rita Farrell, Director, ChildFirst®, Zero Abuse Project
- Rachel Johnson, Lead Forensic Interview Specialist, Zero Abuse Project
- Tomiko Mackey, Senior Trainer, Zero Abuse Project
- Caitie Dahl, Forensic Interview Specialist and Trainer, Zero Abuse Project
Register via Zero Abuse Project
Zero Abuse Project has secured a limited room block at the Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista at the special Summit rate of $169.00. Be sure to reserve your rooms early!
The hotel will be offering complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, nightly evening receptions, and a waived resort fee, should you choose to stay there. Extend your stay through the weekend and enjoy the Disney and Universal theme parks!
Bookings can be made at this link: www.my-event.hilton.com/mcowdes-zap-90161ba4-e789-463d-975f-8392f5701f23/
Alternatively, you may call the reservations hotline at 1-800-377-8898 and reference the code “ZAP” for the group rate.
To Pay by Credit/Debit Card
To pay for your registration by credit card, please select the first ticket option (“Pay via Credit Card”), and then use the pay option “PayPal” – you DO NOT NEED a PayPal account to pay with a Credit Card. The system will then take you the credit card processing page.
To Pay by Invoice
If you need an invoice to issue payment, you must select the 2nd ticket option (“Pay via an Invoice”), and you will be emailed an invoice within 2 weeks of your registration. If you wish the invoice to be sent to someone else in your agency for payment processing, send an email to our Senior Program Manager, Suzanne Severson (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the contact information.
We offer a refund minus a $25 administrative fee for each cancelled registration. We do not offer refunds if you fail to notify us prior to the conference you can’t attend. Zero Abuse Project must be notified 7 full business day before the start of the Summit to qualify for a refund or transfer (by May 31, 2023).
*NO REFUNDS for discounted group registrations.
Transfers: Registrations can be transferred to a different attendee for a $25 administrative fee.
Disclaimer: Zero Abuse Project reserves the right to cancel or postpone this seminar if minimum registration requirements are not met or as a result of Force Majeure. Zero Abuse Project will make all attempts to notify registrants of cancellation or postponement at the earliest opportunity.