About this Training
The Vulnerable Adult Training teaches the CornerHouse Forensic Interview Protocol™: a credible, reliable, developmentally flexible and non-traumatic forensic interview process. The focus is on interviewing vulnerable adults who allege abuse or witness a violent crime.
As a blended learning program, this course includes 4 hours online work and 3.5 days in-person classroom training. This highly interactive training includes lecture and discussion, review of CornerHouse video-recorded interviews, skill-building exercises, and role-play. Courses are outcome-based and include an exam upon completion.
- The CornerHouse Forensic Interview Protocol™ focusing on utilizing the protocol with Vulnerable Adults
- Foundations for Forensic Interviewing
- CornerHouse Guiding Principles
- A Multidisciplinary Team Approach
- Peer Review and Skill Development
- Vulnerable Adult Abilities in the Forensic Interview
- The Experience and Disclosure of Abuse by Vulnerable Adults
Vulnerable Adult Forensic Interview Training is best suited for:
- Forensic Interviewers, Adult Protection Workers, Tribal Social Service Investigators, Law Enforcement Officers, and Prosecuting Attorneys.
- Multidisciplinary Investigative Team
- Professionals who want to stay up-to-date on the most current forensic interview best practices.
- Communities that want all of their multidisciplinary team members to attend training together to improve their coordinated response to Vulnerable Adult abuse and neglect.
Benefits of On-site Training include:
- Training conducted for your learners at your location.
- When host agencies have seven or more individuals they want to attend, the on-site option is less expensive than attending Basic Forensic Interview Training in Minneapolis.
- This training is tailored to meet the needs of your Multidisciplinary Teams, including community needs, team building, and enhanced coordination.