National Criminal Justice Training Center (NCJTC) of Fox Valley Technical College is hosting a training opportunity for professionals in law enforcement, prosecution, and related court officials with Detective Edward Merritt.
Examine the importance of multidisciplinary team (MDT) case coordination and evidence corroboration in the investigation of child abuse cases. Various members of the Multi-Disciplinary Team, such as law enforcement, child protective services, and forensic interviewers may gather different or differing information. Learn how to evaluate evidentiary findings through crime scene images, interviews and case studies. Understand multidisciplinary team members’ roles and responsibilities for protecting child victims and prosecuting offenders. Focus on offenders’ use of technology, including the use of child sexual abuse material (CSAM) in grooming and manipulation. Discuss a variety of technology that can be used by investigators.
- December 12: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern
- December 13: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern
You must attend and participate in the entire training in order to receive a certificate.
Upon completion of this training, you will be able to:
- Describe the importance of minimizing bias and employing multiple hypotheses
- List types of evidence and methods of collection
- Define evidentiary keys of collected evidence
- Explain the importance of case information sharing
- Manage collected evidence
Register by November 10, 2023!